Pages

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Where do I start?


I haz never had a blog before, so Iz not really sure what to write about!  I suppose it is good to start at da begining.

Some family left me at the Guelph humane society shelter. I was just three years old, an I wasn't spayed. No one knows what happened to me afore that, an Iz keepin it a secret.

One day, just after I had my surgery, momma an dad came to the shelter. Dad said no cats, but momma begged him to come an just look.  Her excuse was she just wanted to play with all the kitties. She's a crafty one.

So mom an dad walked in to the cat room. Mom didn't even look at me right away! She was lookin at a big moose of a cat named Penelope. But dad saw me. He pointed me out to mom an said, "what about this one?"
Mom looked at me an turned back to Penelope, "No, we don't have time for a kitten, remember?"
"But she's not a kitten. She's three!" An that's how dad saved the day.

Mom came over to my cage. It was me, my empty nom bowl, a litter pan an a crinkle ball. I pushed the crinkle ball to her, so she tossed it up on the platform. I jumped up to get it an brought it back to her.
"Oh look!  She fetches." Mom smiled all happy-like. I knew I had her hooked!
"Well, I guess we can take her out and at least hold her..." Mom's heart was melting for me already!

When momma held me in her arms, I looked at her with my big eyes, and gave her a great big lick up the cheek! I knew she was good people, so I chose her.

Daddy saw that kiss an knew that I was goin home wif them. I'm good :)

They stayed for two hours with me! I was still a bit tipsy cause of the pain drugs, but I was the happiest I'd ever been.

A few days later, on daddy's birfday, they drove back to the shelter to bring me home.

Wasn't I adorable?


Oh, an Penelope got adopted by another family just five days after me, so we both got homes!

3 comments:

  1. What a great story about choosing your forever family! You're so sweet to let us know that Penelope got adopted too! You're a beautiful ladycat - as a matter of fact you llok a lot like me!

    Your first blog entry is pawsome - hope you'll be sharing more stories with us! ((HUGS)) OxO

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just loved your first bloggy story! You're a furry smart Kitteh.
    I bet you're part Maine Coon (they love fetching). We'll be back to read more of your adventures.
    Love,
    Jinny & Pixel

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful story. he he - I'd say you did a good job of winning Mom over. Way to go. WOW - for being your first blog, you certainly did a good job.

    ReplyDelete